Welcome to ooVoo!
All you need to get started is an internet connection (Wi-Fi, 4G, or 3G) and the latest version of ooVoo from the Google Play Store.
If you receive an error that your device is not compatible, tap here to learn more.
I. Log In & Create An ooVoo ID
Tap the ooVoo icon on your screen. It looks like this:
- Click Sign Up For ooVoo, enter the requested information, and tap Submit. Choose your ooVoo ID wisely, because it can not be changed!
- If you have already signed up: Tap Sign In and enter your ooVoo ID or email address and your password. Or tap Login With Facebook to add friends from your Facebook account.
3. Now you’re in! Every time you open ooVoo, you start on the Friends screen so you can quickly make a call.
II. Add Friends And Remove Friends
Tap on Friend Requests to see your invitations and our suggestions of people you may know on ooVoo.
Search for Friends On ooVoo:
- Tap the ooVoo drawer icon in the upper left-hand corner next to Friends, then tap Add Friends.
- Type your friend’s name, ooVoo ID, or email address in the field. You can even search using only a portion of the ooVoo ID or display name, such as the first three characters. Tap Search.
- Once you have located a friend you would like to add, tap + next to their name.
Add Or Invite Phone Contacts:
- Tap the Phone icon. Your contacts are sorted into two groups: contacts already on ooVoo and contacts not yet on ooVoo. Tap the + icon next to the phone contacts you would like to add to your ooVoo friends list.
Add Or Invite Facebook Friends:
- Tap the Facebook icon. Enter your Facebook email and password, then tap OK.
- Contacts on ooVoo will appear. Tap + to add them.
- Post an invitation on your wall to invite friends to ooVoo.
Add or invite Facebook Messenger contacts:
- Tap the Messenger icon.
- Enter your Facebook email and password, then tap Sign In and Accept.
- Tap the + icon next to the contacts you would like to add.
Add Friends From Your Address Book
You can enter your telephone number as a shortcut to quickly add friends. Entering your phone number automatically adds ooVoo friends from your phone's address book to your ooVoo friends list.
Your telephone number will never be displayed to anyone, and can be changed at any time.
Add or Change Your Telephone Number
- Tap on ooVoo drawer icon from the Friends screen.
- Tap on Settings>General>Verify New Phone Number.
- Enter your phone number and tap SUBMIT.
- We will text you a verification code. Enter it into the ooVoo field.
You can also tap on Friend Requests to find people you may know on ooVoo.
Need to remove someone and block them? Tap here to learn how.
III. Text Chat With Your Friends
Initiate a Text Chat by tapping on any Friend's profile.
IV. Initiate an ooVoo Video Chat
- Select a friend and tap
How to answer a video call:
- Add up to 11 more friends to your video chat by tapping .
- Tap to capture a photo during your video chat.
- Tap to switch to your Rear Camera () , turn your Camera Off, or Mute your microphone.
- Tap to choose a character or filter for your video call.
- Tap to send text chats during the call.
- Tap at any time to end the call.
- Tap Answer to start video chatting.
- Tap Decline to ignore the video call.
- Can’t answer at the moment? Tap Send Message to instant message with your friend instead.
V. Check Your Messages And History
First, tap the drawer icon from your Friends screen and then tap Messages.
- Scroll up and down to explore the conversation history.
- Quickly send a text message by typing in the text field and then tapping Send.
- Tap the drawer icon on the left corner of the screen to add friends to the chat. Or easily start a new video chat, video message, or voice call with your friend.
VI. Personalize Your Profile
Personalize your profile with a few quick steps by first tapping the drawer icon and the pencil icon to edit:
- Update your profile photo: tap the drawer icon and then tap your Profile photo. Select Take A Photo to capture a new photo, Choose Gallery to use an image from your phone, or Choose From Media Library to use images from your ooVoo library.
- Update your Display Name.
- To make an ooVie, tap Change Background. Record a new video or add one from your library to share your ooVie with friends.
VII. Additional Resources
- Do you want to call a telephone number? Tap here to learn how.
- Do you want to update your profile settings? Tap here to learn how.
- Having a problem on your mobile? Manufacturers recommend restarting your device everyday! This will clear many apps left running and free up resources. Also delete or close any apps you no longer use because they take up space and can cause performance issues. Tap here for more help.