Welcome to ooVoo! ooVoo video calls are always free - to or from anywhere in the world.
All you need is the latest version of ooVoo from the Google Play Store and an Internet connection (Wi-Fi, 4G or 3G). You’re all set to ooVoo with your friends!
Do you see an error which reads your device is not compatible? Tap here to learn more.
I. Log In & Create An ooVoo ID
Tap the ooVoo icon on your screen. It looks like this:
- Click Sign Up For ooVoo, enter the requested info, and tap Submit. Choose your ooVoo ID wisely, because it can not be changed!
- If you’ve already signed up: Tap Sign In and enter your ooVoo ID or email address and password and Log In. Or tap Login With Facebook to add friends from your Facebook account.
3. Now you’re in! Every time you open ooVoo, you start on the Friends screen so you can quickly make a call.
II. Add Friends And Remove Friends
Tap on Friend Requests to see your invitations and suggestions of people you may know on ooVoo
Search for Friends On ooVoo:
- Tap the ooVoo drawer icon (in the upper left-hand corner next to Friends) and tap Add Friends
- Type your friend’s name, ooVoo ID, or email address in the field. You can even search using just part of the ooVoo ID or display name, such as the first three characters. Tap Search.
- Once you’ve located a friend you’d like to add, tap + next to their name.
Add Or Invite Phone Contacts:
- Tap the Phone icon. Your contacts are sorted into two groups: contacts already on ooVoo and contacts not on ooVoo. Tap the + icon next to your phone contacts you’d like to add to your ooVoo friends list.
Add Or Invite Facebook Friends:
- Tap the Facebook icon. Enter your Facebook email and password, then tap OK
- Contacts on ooVoo will appear. Tap + to add them.
- Post an invitation on your wall to invite friends to ooVoo
Add or invite Facebook Messenger contacts:
- Tap the Messenger icon .
- Enter your Facebook email and password and tap Sign In and Accept.
- Tap the + icon next to your contacts you’d like to add.
Add Friends From Your Address Book
You can enter your telephone number as a shortcut: it gives you the ability to add more friends, faster. It saves you time so you can get to talking sooner.
You can add or change your existing phone number after ooVoo is installed. Adding your phone number will add your ooVoo friends from your phone's address book to your ooVoo friends list.
Your telephone number is not displayed to anyone.
How To Add Or Change Your Telephone Number:
- Tap on ooVoo drawer icon from the Friends screen
- Tap on Settings>General>Verify New Phone Number
- Enter your phone number and tap SUBMIT
- We'll text you a verification code. Enter it into the ooVoo field
You can also tap on Friend Requests to find people you may know on ooVoo.
Need to remove someone and block them? Tap here to learn how.
III. Chat With Your Friends
- Tap the Video icon on any Friend's profile to start a video call
- Start a Text Chat by tapping on any Friend's profile to start a text messaging conversation
IV. Start A Video Chat
Here's how to start an ooVoo video chat on your mobile device:
- Select a friend and tap
Tap at any time to end the call.
How to Answer a video call
- Add up to 11 more friends to your video chat by tapping .
- Tap to snap a photo of your video chat in action.
- Tap in the corner to switch to your Rear Camera () , turn your Camera Off, or Mute your microphone.
- Tap to choose a cool character or filter for your video call.
- Tap to send text chats during the call.
- Tap Answer to start video chatting
- Tap Decline to ignore the video call
- Can’t answer at the moment? Tap Send Message to instant message with your friend instead
ooVoo mobile 4-way video chat on over 300 Android devices and tablets. If you don't see 4-way video on your call it's because your device hardware can't support it.
V. Check Your Messages And History
First tap the drawer icon from your Friends screen and then tap Messages
- Scroll up and down to explore the conversation history
- Quickly text message by typing in the text field and then tap Send.
- Tap the drawer icon on the left corner of the screen to add friends to the chat, or easily start a new video chat, video message, or voice call with your friend.
VI. Give Your Profile Some Style
Personalize your profile with a few quick steps by first tapping the drawer icon and the pencil icon to edit:
- Get a fresh photo: Tap the drawer icon and then tap your Profile photo. Select Take A Photo to snap a new photo, Choose Gallery to use an image from your phone, or Choose From Media Library to use images from your ooVoo library.
- Try a new nickname: Change your Display Name. Enter the display name you want all your friends to see!
- Make your ooVie: Tap Change Background. Record a new video or add one from your library to share your ooVie with friends.
- Let your friends know what’s up: Enter A Personal Message. Type a short message, like what time you’re available to chat.
VII. Other Information
- Do you want to call a telephone number? Tap here to learn how.
- Do you want to update your profile settings? Tap here to learn how.
- Is ooVoo free? Tap here to learn more.
- Having a problem on your mobile? Manufacturers recommend restarting your device everyday! This will clear many apps left running and free up resources. Also delete or close any apps you no longer use because they take up space and can cause performance issues. Tap here for more help