Welcome to ooVoo! ooVoo video calls are always free...to or from anywhere in the world.
All you need is the latest version of ooVoo from the Play store and an Internet connection (Wi-Fi, 4G or 3G). You’re all set to connect with your friends!
Are you getting an error that says your device is not compatible? Tap here to learn more.
I. Log in & Create an ooVoo ID
Tap the ooVoo icon on your screen
- Click Sign up for ooVoo, enter the requested info, and tap Submit. Choose your ooVoo ID wisely, because it can not be changed!
- If you’ve already signed up: Tap on Sign In and enter your ooVoo ID or email address and password and tap Log In. Or tap Login with Facebook to log in using your Facebook account.
3. Now you’re in! Every time you open the app, you start at the Friends screen so you can quickly make a call.
II. Add Friends & Remove friends
Tap on Friend Requests to see your invitations and suggestions of people you may know already on ooVoo
Search for friends on ooVoo:
- Tap the ooVoo drawer icon (in the corner next to Friends) and tap Add Friends
- Type your friend’s name, ooVoo ID, or email address in the field. You can even search just part of the ooVoo ID or display name, such as the first three characters. Tap Search.
- Once you’ve located a friend you’d like to add, tap Add next to their name.
Add or invite phone contacts:
- Tap the Phone icon. Your contacts are sorted into two groups, contacts on ooVoo and contacts not on ooVoo. Tap Add next to your phone contacts you’d like to add who are already on ooVoo. Tap Invite next to your phone contacts you’d like to add who are not already on ooVoo.
Add or invite Facebook friends:
- Tap the Facebook icon . If you are not connected to Facebook, a page will appear asking you to log into Facebook. Enter your Facebook email and password, and click OK when prompted.
You can choose to unlink your Facebook account at any time. Select Unlink from Facebook in the ooVoo menu on your PC or Mac.
- Your contacts are sorted into two groups, contacts on ooVoo and contacts not on ooVoo. Tap Add next to your Facebook friends you’d like to add who are already on ooVoo. Tap Invite next to your Facebook friends you’d like to add who are not already on ooVoo.
Add or invite Gmail contacts:
- Tap the mail icon .
- Enter your Google email and password and click Sign in and Accept.
- Your contacts are sorted into two groups, contacts on ooVoo and contacts not on ooVoo. Tap Add next to your Gmail contacts you’d like to add who are already on ooVoo. Tap Invite next to your Gmail contacts you’d like to add who are not already on ooVoo.
Find and invite friends from ooVoo, your contacts, or by connecting to Facebook, Twitter, and Gmail.
- Select a social network and use your username and password to connect.
- Tap the add button to add a friend to your contact list.
- Tap Invite to invite a friend to join you on ooVoo. Write a personal message to let your friend know you want to video chat!
Add friends from your Address Book
You can enter your telephone number and it's like a shortcut: it gives you the ability to add more friends, faster. It's not mandatory, it's just something that saves you time and ease so you can get to talking sooner.
You can add your phone number or change your existing phone number after ooVoo is installed. Adding your phone number will add your ooVoo friends in your address book to your friend's list who are already on ooVoo.
Your telephone number is not displayed to anyone.
How to Add or Change your telephone number:
- Tap on ooVoo Setting icon from Friend
- Tap on Settings>General>Verify New Phone Number
- Enter your phone number and tap SUBMIT on the orange bar
- After you receive the code enter it into the ooVoo field
Your list is already growing! You can also tap on Friends Requests to find people you may know that are already on ooVoo.
Need to remove someone and block them? Tap here to learn how.
III. Chat with your friends
- Tap on a friend’s name and a screen with several options open:
- Tap Video icon to start a video call.
- Tap Text Chat field to start text messaging
IV. Start a Video Chat
Let’s dive in with a video chat, so you can see and talk to your friends while you’re on your mobile device.
- Start a video chat from your Friends list. Tap the , select which friends you want to call.
The video call window appears with a message showing who you are calling.
Tap the at any time to end the call.
How to Answer a video call
- Add up to 11 more friends to your video chat by tapping the .
- Tap the to snap a photo of your video chat in action.
- Tap the in the corner to switch to the Rear camera, turn the Camera off, or Mute your microphone.
- Tap the to choose a cool filter for your video call.
- Tap the Chat icon to send text chats with your friend during the call.
- Tap Answer to start video chatting
- Tap Decline to ignore the video call
- Can’t answer at the moment? Tap Send Message to instant message with your friend instead
ooVoo mobile supports 4-video windows on over 250 Android devices. If you don't have 4-way video it's because your device hardware can't support it.
V. Check your Messages & History
Look at all your past calls and messages, and easily continue the conversation with your friends!
Tap the drawer icon from your Friends screen and then Messages
- Scroll up or down to explore the history of the conversation.
- Quickly text message by typing in the the text field and tap Send.
- Tap the to add more friends to the chat, or easily start a new video chat, video message, or voice call with your friend.
VI. Give your profile some style
Personalize your profile with a few quick steps by first tapping the drawer icon and the pencil icon to edit:
- Get a fresh photo: Tap Change Profile Picture. Select Take a Photo to snap a new photo, Choose Gallery to use an image from your phone, or Choose from Media Library to use images from your ooVoo library.
- Try a new nickname: Change your Display name. Enter the display name you want all your friends to see!
- Make your ooVie: Tap Change Background. Record a new video or add one from your library to show your friends your ooVie.
- Let your friends know what’s up: Enter a personal message. Type a short message, like what time you’re available to chat.
VII. Other helpful information and resources
These steps should get you started. There are plenty more awesome ooVoo features you should explore.