Quick Start Guide for iOS
Welcome to ooVoo! ooVoo video calls are always free... To or From anywhere in the world!
Make sure you have the latest version of ooVoo from the App Store and an Internet connection, Wi-Fi, 4G or 3G. You’re all set to connect with your friends!
I. Log in & Create an ooVoo ID
Tap the ooVoo icon on your screen
- Click Sign up for ooVoo, enter the requested info, and tap Submit. Choose your ooVoo ID wisely, because it can not be changed
- If you've already signed up: Enter your ooVoo ID or email address and password and tap Log In. Or tap Login with Facebook to log in using your Facebook account.
Now you’re in! Every time you open the app, you start at the
From here you can:
- Tap the camera button to quickly start a call or chat with a friend.
- Swipe right to get to your Messages and history
- Tap the Profile icon in the right corner to update your Profile & General Settings
II. Add friends & Remove friends
Let’s get your crew into your contact list.
First, Tap the Add Friends button.
Find and invite friends from ooVoo, your contacts, or by connecting to Facebook, Twitter, and Gmail.
- Select a social network and use your username and password to connect (i.e. sign into Facebook with your Facebook log in details)
- Tap Add (+) to add a friend already on ooVoo to your contact list.
- Tap Invite to invite a friend to join you on ooVoo. You can include a personal message to let your friend know you want to video chat!
Next, Tap on Invites & Suggestions to see people on ooVoo you may know that are already on ooVoo.
Do you need to Remove someone and Block them? Tap here to learn how.
III. Chat with your friends
- From your Friends page you can tap their video camera to start a call right now.
Tap on a friend’s name and:
- Tap Video Chat to start a video call.
- Tap Voice Call to start a voice-only call.
- Tap Text Chat to start text messaging, OR to record and send a video or photo.
- Tap Play Button to watch your friends ooVie
IV. Start a Video Chat*
Let’s dive in with a video chat, so you can see and talk to your friends while you’re on your mobile device.
- It's super easy to start a video chat from your Friends list, or start a video chat from your Me screen. Tap the camera icon , select which friends you want to call. and then tap GO.
The video call window appears with a message showing who you are calling. Lots of fun things to do when chatting:
- Add up to 12 more friends* to your video chat by tapping the Add friends icon .
- Tap the Camera button to snap a photo of your video chat in action.
- Tap the 3 dots [icon with open options] in the corner to Flip camera, turn the Camera off, or Mute your microphone.
- Tap the Paintbrush to choose a cool filter for your video call.
- Tap the Chat icon to send text chats with your friend during the call.
- Tap the button at any time to end the call.
*ooVoo mobile supports 4-video windows iPhone 4s and newer, iPad 2 and newer, and iPod 5th generation.
*4-way video is not supported on: iPhone 4, iPhone 3, iPod 4. If you don't have 4-way video it's because your device hardware can't support it, sorry!
2. How to End a Video call
- Tap on the Red telephone handset on the bottom of your video call window
3. How to Answer a video call
- Tap Answer to start video chatting
- Tap Decline to ignore the video call
- Can’t answer at the moment? Tap Send Message to instant message with your friend instead
V. Check your Messages & History
Look at all your past calls and messages, and easily continue the conversation with your friends!
- Swipe right or tap the Message icon to get to your Messages.
- This is the list of all your conversations.
- Tap on a friend to see a conversation - this includes the video chats, text messages, and shared photos or videos you’ve had with that friend.
- Scroll up or down to explore the history of the conversation.
- Quickly text message by typing in the the text field and tapping Send.
- Tap the to add more friends to the chat, or easily start a new video chat, video message, or voice call with your friend.
VI. Give your profile some style & Update your Personal Settings
Personalize your profile with a few quick steps
Go to your Profile page by tapping the Profile icon on the top right of your screen
- Get a fresh photo: Tap your Profile photo, then tap again to update. Select Take a Photo to snap a new photo, Choose from Library to use images from your ooVoo library, or Choose From Camera Roll to use an image from your phone.
- Try a new nickname: Tap your profile photo and tap on your Display name. Enter the display name you want all your friends to see!
- Make your ooVie: Tap your profile photo and then Capture your latest moment. Record a new video or add one from your library to show your friends your favorite video moment.
Let your friends know what’s up: Tap your profile photo and then Enter a status message. Type a short message, like what time you’re available to chat.
How to update your Profile personal settings:
- From your Friends page, Tap the Profile icon in the right corner and then tap your Profile photo.
- Tap your profile photo again to change it
- You can also update your display name and enter a status message from the ME screen by tapping on the field.
Update your Privacy Settings and Change your Password from the ME screen.
- Tap the Settings icon in the right corner
- Select General Settings to change your password
- Select Privacy & Security to update your privacy settings
VII. Add your Fab 5
Make it even easier to call by adding your Fab Five - now you can call your five BFFs with just one tap!
- Find your Fab 5 by pressing and holding your profile photo.
- Five empty windows will open - tap on an empty window, select a friend to add and tap Done.
- Whenever you want to call one of your Fab 5, just tap once on their photo to start a video call immediately.
VIII Other helpful information and resources
These steps should get you started. There are plenty more ooVoo features you should explore.