Welcome to ooVoo!
ooVoo is available on iOS 7 and higher. All you need to get started is an internet connection (Wi-Fi, 4G, or 3G) and the latest version of ooVoo from the App Store.
I. Log in & Create an ooVoo ID
Tap on your screen to create an ooVoo ID or Continue with Facebook.
- Click Sign up for ooVoo, enter the requested information, and tap Submit. Choose your ooVoo ID wisely, because it can not be changed.
If you have already signed up: Enter your ooVoo ID or email address and your password, then tap Log In. You can also login with your Google Mail or Facebook account.
Every time you open the app, you start at the Friends screen
From here you can:
- Tap camera to quickly start a call or chat
- Tap the Message icon to retrieve your messages and chat history
- Tap your profile photo to edit your profile, access Settings, or dial a telephone number
II. Add Friends & Remove Friends
Tap Add Friends button.
Find and invite friends from ooVoo, your phone contacts, or by connecting to Facebook, Twitter, or Gmail.
- Select a social network, then use your username and password to connect (i.e. sign into Facebook with your Facebook log in details)
- If a contact is already on ooVoo, tap + to add them to your contact list.
- If a contact is not yet on ooVoo, tap + to send them an invitation to join. You can include a personal message to let your friend know you want to video chat!
Tap here to learn More ways to add friends.
Do you need to Remove someone and Block them? Tap here
III. Chat with your friends
- From your Friends page, tap on a contact’s name.
- Tap Video Chat to start a video call.
- Tap Text Chat to start text messaging, OR to record and send a video or photo.
- Tap Play Button to watch your friend's ooVie
IV. Start a Video Chat*
- Tap on a contact's profile to start a video call.
During a video call, you can:
- Add up to 4 friends* to the call by tapping the Add friends icon at the bottom of the window.
- Tap camera to capture a photo during your video chat.
- Tap 3 dots [icon with open options] in the corner to Flip camera, turn the Camera off, or Mute your microphone.
- Tap Paintbrush to choose a filter for your video call.
- Tap Chat to send text chats during the call.
- Tap to end the call.
*ooVoo mobile supports 4-way video on windows, iPhone 4s and newer, iPad 2 and newer, and iPod 5th generation.
*4-way video is not supported on: iPhone 4, iPhone 3, iPod 4.
2. How to Answer a video call
- Tap Answer to start video chatting
- Tap Decline to ignore the video call
- Can’t answer at the moment? Tap Send Message to instant message with your friend instead
V. Check your Messages & History
Review your past calls and messages.
- Tap Message at the bottom of your Friends screen. This opens a list of all your conversations.
- Tap a friend to see a conversation - this includes all video chats, text messages, shared photos, and videos.
- Scroll up or down to explore the history of the conversation.
- Quickly text message by typing in the the text field and tapping Send.
- Tap to add more friends to the chat, or to easily start a new video chat, video message, or voice call.
VI. Personalize Your Profile
- Tap your Profile photo twice to update. Select Take a Photo to capture a new photo, Choose from Library to use images from your ooVoo library, or Choose From Camera Roll to use an image from your phone.
- Update your display name by tapping your profile photo, and then your Display name.
- To make an ooVie, tap your profile photo and then Capture your latest moment. Record a new video or add one from your library to show your friends your favorite video moment.
VII. Additional Resources
- Do you want to call a telephone number? Tap here to learn how.
- Tap here to learn more about privacy & security on your ooVoo account
- Having a problem on your device? Manufacturers recommend restarting your device everyday. This will clear many apps left running and free up resources. Also delete or close any apps you no longer use because they take up space and can cause performance issues. For more help tap here.