Welcome to ooVoo! ooVoo video calls are always free - to or from anywhere in the world.
Make sure you have the latest version of ooVoo and a strong Internet connection. You’re all set to connect with your friends!
I. Log in
Double-click the ooVoo icon on your desktop or find and open it in your Applications folder.
- Click Sign up for ooVoo, enter the requested info, and click Sign up. Choose your ooVoo ID wisely, because it can not be changed! Or Sign up with Facebook to sign up using your Facebook account.
- If you’ve already signed up: Enter your ooVoo ID or email address and password and click Log In. Or Log in with Facebook to connect to your Facebook account.
- Make sure you Check Your Audio and Video from the Help menu to make sure your microphone and speakers are set up and working properly.
II. Add Friends & Remove friends
Click the button.
Find friends easily by connecting to Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, and Address Book.
- Select a social network and use your username and password to connect.
- Click Add to add a friend to your contact list.
- Click Invite to invite a friend to join you on ooVoo. Include a personal message to let your friend know you want to video chat!
You can also Search on ooVoo and Invite friends to ooVoo to find, add, and invite even more friends. Your list is already growing!
Need to remove someone and block them! Click here to learn how.
- Start a video chat by double-clicking a contact or clicking the button next to a contact.
- The video call window appears with a message showing who you are calling.
- Add up to 12 more friends to your video chat with the [plus] button.
- Click the [chat] button to instant message with your friend during the video call.
- Adjust or mute the microphone and speakers to make sure your friends hear you.
- Turn off the Camera to make your video chat into a voice call.
- Select the Side bar to change to a slim sidebar. Click again to return to standard view.
- Select Share Screen and your friend can see your desktop!
- Click Cancel or press the button at any time to end the call.
- If a friend or group of friends calls you, you have 3 options:
Answer to start video chatting.
Chat to instant message instead of video call.
Reject if you don’t want to video chat. The caller will get a “no response” message.
IV. Instant text message
Not in the mood for video? It’s easy to chat with your friends with instant messages.
- Start a text chat by clicking on the next to a contact. Type your message and hit Send.
- Add more friends to the chat by dragging each contact into the chat window.
- Click History to see the history of your chats and video calls with friends.
V. Give your Profile some style
- Get a fresh photo: From the ooVoo menu, select My Profile and Change display photo. Snap a new photo by selecting From webcam or click From file to upload your favorite one.
- Try a new nickname: Select Edit my Profile from the My Profile section of the ooVoo menu. Enter the display name you want all your friends to see.
- Let your friends know what’s up: Click in the Status Message field on the main ooVoo window under your display name. Type a short message, like what time you’re available to chat.
VI. How to block and remove someone from your contact list
Sometimes you may want to remove someone from your contact list and block them from contacting you again.
If you Removed someone without Blocking them, they can contact you again. Be sure to select to Ignore the request and check the box to Also Block this person from contacting me again
- Sign into your ooVoo account on PC
- Select Actions>More Actions
- Select Block Contact and it will also give option to Remove Contact from List
Here are more ways to make your account more secure to avoid calls from people you just don't want to speak with!
Privacy Settings: Review your privacy settings to determine who you want to be able to see your profile and call you. If your Privacy settings are wide open you can be contacted by anyone at any time.
From the ooVoo menu bar select ooVoo and Settings. Click Privacy.
- Select the desired privacy settings
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Report Abuse. We have a built-in feature on PC & Mac that allows you to Report Abuse during a video call. To Report Abuse right-click on the video window of the person you want to report and click on Report Abuse.
- If you receive an invitation from someone you don't know and don't want to add, be sure to select to Ignore the request and check the box to Also Block this person from contacting me again.
Need more help? Head over to the ooVoo Support Center.